Monday, September 21, 2009

VOMIT

You may have picked up that I don't quite believe many of the things my yoga teacher tells me.

Now he wants us to start the day by vomiting.

This morning we got up at 6am, drank four glasses each of warm salty water, then vomited it back up.

It was gross, and hilarious. So glad my fellow student Ida is a like-minded girl.

It is meant to clean you out - like a colon cleanse but for the upper part of the digestive system. Our Ayurvedic doctor agrees.

All I felt was silly, and then hungry. And it gave me a burning throat.

He wants us to do this every morning for 15 days. I refuse.

By now he knows there are some things that I simply will not do (like drink very fatty, very creamy cow's milk with added ghee in the morning. Or stand on a beginner's back in yoga to push them further into a pose). When I said 'no' he said 'ok, for four days'.

I walked away and tomorrow morning at 6am I will be walking away again, away from the vomiting.

Meanwhile, poor Stef woke up to the sounds of us - one loud Indian man and two small giggly western girls - vomiting. He disapproves also.

3 comments:

  1. i know i know! this morning i ran away while he was getting the salt water ready, and he didn't mention it when i came back. i think he knows how i feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aitken, I've just discovered your blog...this is fantastic! I've missed your writing!

    ReplyDelete