Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I AM YOGINI!

I am officially a yoga teacher!

This morning I took my first class. Eight strangers, two hours, everyone looking at me and listening to me and actually doing what I told them.

It's a very strange experience and I kept waiting for my teacher to come and take over.

But he didn't, and I continued, and when I said "exhale into Downward Facing Dog' every one of them exhaled and went into Downward Facing Dog. When I said "If you can, bring your legs up into shoulder stand", some of them brought their legs up into shoulder stands, and some of them fell over.

It was terrifying, then fun, and I look forward to doing it again when I'm a little more confident and a little less wobbly-voiced.

I got my teacher's certificate from Mahi today too - I'm all official like!

And Ida, Hari and I are on the Yoga Alliance India website - check us out.

http://yogaalliance.in/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=249&Itemid=28

And here is my favourite photo of today. This is Ida trying to teach our friend Brownie, the local fatty boombalada dog, how to do his own speciality, Downward Facing Dog. I think there was an error in communication...

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! Skype yoga sessions soon.

    P.S. Nice use of the term "fatty boombalada"

    ReplyDelete