Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shock! Horror!


Those of you familiar with my previous travel blog may remember that on my last trip to India I found myself in Dharamkot and LOVED it - that is why we came here this time around.

You might also remember that last time I was here I gave myself a rather nasty electric shock when testing the waters (literally - we heated our water for bucket showers by sticking an electric bar in the bucket. Water + Electricity = Safety).

Oops, I did it again.

This time it wasn't something so (apparently) dangerous as sticking my fingers in a bucket of electrified water.

This time all I did was turn off the kitchen light.

Somehow i managed to touch the black wire (pictured), which was at the time hanging out of the socket. I felt the shock through my finger, hand, arm, side and to my feet.

I swore, then had to have a little lie down.

But I'm fine. Indian electrics are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment