Monday, September 14, 2009

My Day

Firstly, apologies for slackness in blogging. I've been a wee bit busy you see, doing a yoga teacher training course in Dharamkot, near Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, India.

Every Monday to Saturday my timetable goes something like this:

5:30am: Alarm goes off...
6:00am: Get up, shower, get dressed in the semi darkness, try not to wake Stef more than twice, go for a (very short) walk).
6:30-7:30am: meditation and pranayam (breathing). This time is generally spent thinking about food, or about London or Alice Springs or Sydney.
7:30: 'breakfast' - sprouts and cow's milk. Mmmm cow's milk. There is a reason I haven't had it in ten years: I hate it!
9-11am: Hatha Yoga class with Hari.
11:15: hang upside down from a rope in my bedroom for ten/fifteen minutes.
11:30: lunch - different from breakfast in that it is very edible. Always rice, dal, vegetables and chappati.
1pm: Mondays and Thursdays we have 'digetive breathing' classes. Somewhat similar to how Iimagine birthing classes are - lots of lying down under a blanket breahting heavily. Trying not to laugh.
Rest/break until 3pm: self practise.
4-6pm: Astanga Yoga Class with Mahi.
6pm: sometimes a lecture by Mahi, completely out of control, no particular topic.
7:30pm: dinner - same as lunch.
9pm: collapse into bed or perhaps run away to a cafe for tea or something.

It is exhausting!

I love Sundays - the day off! We go into town for a 10am massage and generally spend the rest of the time eating.

1 comment:

  1. This course you speak of - I need to do something similar. I want some details like, what kind of qualification and how long and how useful and so on - go!x

    ReplyDelete