Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eating our way across Spain



Spain = yum. Especially if you are born again carnivore like Stef.

This photo was taken at the end of a lovely and a bit fancy meal out in Castro Urdiales. Stef had local fish probably caught that afternoon. He loved it.

I had ´Seasons mixed vegetables´ which, being in Spain, was full of bacon.

The waiter thoughtfully gave me a plate so I could pick out the bacon bits. I´m not sure how I could have been more clear ... ordering a meal which sounded distinctly vegetarian, and checking with him that it was ´without meat, without fish, only vegetables´.

Oh well at least we have food!

Partly due to this pesky vegetarianism and partly due to finances we have mostly been cooking for ourselves. Here´s a rundown of our daily eating:

Breaky: fruit, yoghurt and cereal

Lunch: fresh bread, tomato, assorted salady things, sometimes boiled eggs pre-prepared, sometimes rice cakes for me when I am sick of bread. Stef does not get sick of bread. Ever.

Snacks: fruit, nuts, biscuits, chocolate, lollies,...all good.

Dinner: those cheesy packet pastas (surprisingly good here) or soups with added veggies and bread on the side, or just a mix of cooked veggies with beans and/or boiled egg. Or tapas and red wine at a bar :)

I do miss tea and soy milk but we´re both really enjoying the fresh food here, and the tapas!

And tonight we´re having felafel kebabs at Bar Madrid in Llanes. Yep kebabs IN a bar, not just after the pub.


No comments:

Post a Comment